Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cigna Mental Health My Insurance Plan Doesn't Cover Mental Health And I Need A Psychologist, What Do I Do?

My insurance plan doesn't cover mental health and I need a psychologist, what do I do? - cigna mental health

Hello,

I asked a question a few days ago in the reactions, whether health insurance covers psychologists. I spoke with Cigna (my provider of health care through the Healthy New York ", affordable in the state" insurance for the insured). They sent me a list of psychologists and after numerous calls, finally I have an appointment. I have since learned that the health of New York do not offer insurance coverage for mental health. I'm back and forth on the phone between Cigna Healthy New York and the whole morning was. I will pay more preminum for reporting psychological, but both say there is nothing you can do. I really need a psychologist, what can I do? I'll give you the necessary information.

1 comment:

  1. Cigna Health should be separated from New York and the coverage of mental health plans Cigna state. Thus, someone who gives you evasive answers. But why do I need a psychologist? The reason why we ask: Is this depression? Is it a traumatic experience? Have you ever had a head injury? In other words, it is something that you see a neuropsychologist. If so, then the rule that a neuropsychologist's Mental Health are not covered by health / medical, do not reach the evidence of a medical (psychological) diagnosis. While Cigna has the list sent to psychologists. Now it goes on until you get satisfaction. Cigna, like I said, is the branch network of mental health health plans.

    Added *** Note: *** - you have a program to assist employees (EAP) through the work? If so, look for the EAP program coordinator. You can help. I would say that your last resort, to have someone with a payment plan with the billing department to see (if you do not and you pay for "something - I think the lowest is or $ 10/Month)No invoice, you can not sue.

    ReplyDelete